is a designer and art director based in Brooklyn, NY. He is currently taking on new business as ALRIGHT STUDIO, a design and development practice he started with Hope DeRossett and Ian Hatcher-Williams in 2018. From 2015 - 2016 he was lead designer at NYC nonprofit CHARITY: WATER, and worked as a freelance art director at PLATOON from 2017 - 2018
01. If graphic design is a subset of visual communication, it should be — by nature — formulated through a lens of kindness and empathy. After all, for who are we working, if not others?
02. Music is one of the most visceral and honest forms of art. Find ways to enable and support them in their mission(s), regardless of compensation or glory.
03. Feelings are not failures. The ADAA provides excellent resources for individuals of all income levels.
04. It is a disservice to you and your collaborators and/or clients by creating something that has already been created.
05. Any space lacking in diversity should not exist. Without every voice in the room, you cannot have an accurate worldview. This applies to corporations, companies, and (especially) conferences.
06. A culture of negativity, anxiety, or inefficiency is not the fault of the employees, but rests solely upon the employers.
07. Don’t be afraid to explore the abyss of your mind; simply remember to come back in one piece.
08. Modern graphic design is sorely lacking in emotion and expression. If our work doesn’t make you feel, we’ve failed.
09. Websites are for scrolling, books are for scanning.
10. Everything is a case study.
— Restorations, “LP5000”
— Tiny Moving Parts, “Swell”
— Emperor X, “Oversleepers International”
— The Gaslight Anthem, “Sink Or Swim”
— Bruce Springsteen, “Nebraska”